Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Here We Go

Why am I writing? I am writing because I want to begin to tap into the gifts that God has created me with. I believe writing is one of these gifts. Last year I struggled tremendously with writing. I wanted to give it up because I felt that I just wasn't good enough. However as my mom reminded me, it is usually those things that you struggle with the most that are what God has given you your greatest gifts in. Thus writing has served as a model to break me from my perfectionist mindset and practice. I am by no means where I want to be in writing. But the only way to get better is to practice. I plan on having God use me to change the world. If I'm gonna do that I'm gonna need to know how to write. Through this I hope to develop the gift God has given me. I want to become a better writer for God's glory. Ya gotta start somewhere. There's no turning back. No lefts, no writes, just straight ahead. Forgetting what is behind and straining towards what is ahead. This is for real.

No comments:

Post a Comment