Sunday, October 24, 2010

Throw it Away?

In Luke 14:38 Jesus says Whoever does not forsake all that he has cannot be my disciple. Whoever does not forsake all he has. What does this mean? I by no means have a grasp of this passage or of the scriptures as a whole for that matter. In fact after this weekend I realize that I really know nothing. Growing up I was taught to believe that to live for Christ was sacrifice. You had to give up everything you had. This is obviously a big thing to ask. Who wants to give up everything? So basically over the past 2 years God has been doing a work in me. God has been doing work. I've thrown everything away. I've thrown away my friendships, my passions, my personality, my journals, my memories. Now I still don't know if this was all necessary. Maybe I went a little overboard. As I learned this weekend I have been living under law. It's so much easier to throw things away, to not care. Its all rubbish, scubalon anyway. But when is it too far? I don't think you can ever go too far for Jesus. Did I make mistakes, did I cause hurt that was unnecessary. No doubt. But isn't that what God's grace is for? It covers our failures. He's the great recycler. All the things that we throw out, He is able to REDEEM and give us value. So did I go too far? Ya. Do I regret it? Nope. All things I count as RUBBISH, SCUBALON, GARBAGE to knowing Christ. Now its time for me to throw away all the rubbish, scubalon, and garbage in my heart. Please dear Lord, get it out, get it out. Create in me a pure, sincere, clean heart. Thankyou that I am a story of the REDEEMED. Thankyou for the cross. Thankyou for the Blood of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment